While he mightn’t actually be bionic, Phil Rapp’s track history in cutting certainly suggests something super human when it comes to winning events!
As the top money earner in the history of the sport, more than $8.4-million to date, Phil has truly spent his life showing and training cutting horses.
He recently shared this vast experience with around 25 amateurs and non-pros at an NCHA Cutting Academy clinic in Fort Smith, Arkansas sponsored by Waco Bend.
Phil zeroed in on rider’s skills in the herd, and emphasized the importance of driving forward for decisive cuts.
Phil revealed many gems including:
• How to clear the herd on your cut
• Why you need to use two hands sometimes to get a square stop
• Why, if you’re having trouble on one side of the arena, it’s probably because of what you may be doing on the other side
• How waiting on your cow can help you get even with the cow
• How to stay even, on both sides of the cow and why it’ll help your scores and much more….
Cutting Horse Training Online now features three videos from the clinic available to watch now!
Tell us your favorite nugget of wisdom from Phil Rapp below!