Preview: Build Your Futurity Horse’s Confidence By Teaching Them To Fight A Cow Off!
Pre-works are an imperative part of preparing your horse for the Futurity! Jonathan Rogers and Steve Oehlhof demonstrate how they prepare by teaching their horse’s to learn how to fight a cow off, explaining:
- Make sure you can neck rein in the herd, so you can execute successful cuts.
- Don’t let a bad cow ruin your work or thought process.
- Shape your herd to the middle, so you can set up a good cut.
- Make sure your dry work is just like your show dry work.
- What James Payne taught Jonathan about preparing your Futurity horse.
- When to stay inside the cow and when to go outside.
- What builds your horse’s confidence.