- This event has passed.
John Mitchell Cutting Horse Clinic
October 14, 2017 - October 15, 2017
This is a unique opportunity to be personally coached by one of cutting’s top trainers for two days in a very intimate environment. The maximum number of participants will be limited to just 7, giving riders all the personal attention they need to learn directly from John Mitchell. The clinic will be held at Steve Dees Ranch, Schulenburg, TX on Oct 14-15th. Unlimited fresh cattle will be supplied. All participants will come away with a personal plan from John outlining what they need to keep working on and specific exercises to help them achieve that. Spectators are welcome, click to register.
- Super Small Clinic Size – You will be one of just 7 participants in this clinic, giving you all the time and attention you need with John to make major improvements.
- Unlimited Fresh Cattle – Clinic host, Steve Dees is a cattle buyer and will supply as many fresh cattle as participants need.
- Watch John Mitchell Work – John will work some of his best aged event horses, giving you direct insight into what John does and how he applies the techniques he’s been teaching you.
- No downtime – There will be no time for boredom at this clinic. With limited participants, you will either be riding, practicing, watching John or your fellow participants.
- Personal Work Plan – John will create a plan for each participant to take home and continue to apply what they learned at the clinic. It will feature specific exercises each rider needs to take their showing to the next level.
- Personal Video – CHTO will video the clinic and give each rider a personal video for them to study and continue their development.
- Socialize With John – Relax over a cool drink and delicious meals and get to know one of cutting’s greatest trainers. Chat, ask questions and have a laugh with John and other participants throughout the two days. It’s an experience you’ll never forget it!
How I got Started: I began working for Graham Amos in Dubbo, Australia.
Biggest mistake I’ve made in cutting: Listening to too many people.
Biggest Myth About Cutting: That horses do it themselves.
Favourite Quote: “Be good to your mum.”
Most memorable moment in cutting: Winning the 2014 NCHA Super Stakes on Junie Wood.
Training Philosophy: Work hard.