- This event has passed.
Paul Hansma Clinic
July 1, 2017 - July 2, 2017
Exclusive opportunity to be coached by one of the sport’s best!
This is a unique opportunity to be personally coached by one of cutting’s top trainers for two days in a very intimate environment. The maximum number of participants will be limited to just 7, giving riders all the personal attention they need to learn directly from Paul Hansma. The clinic will be held at Steve Dees Ranch, Schulenburg, TX on July 1st-2nd. Unlimited fresh cattle will be supplied. All participants will come away with a personal plan from Paul outlining what they need to keep working on and specific exercises to help them achieve that. Spectators are welcome, click to register.
- Super Small Clinic Size – You will be one of just 7 participants in this clinic, giving you all the time and attention you need with Paul to make major improvements.
- Unlimited Fresh Cattle – Clinic host, Steve Dees is a cattle buyer and will supply as many fresh cattle as participants need.
- Watch Paul Hansma Work – Paul will work some of his best aged event horses, giving you direct insight into what Paul does and how he applies the techniques he’s been teaching you.
- No downtime – There will be no time for boredom at this clinic. With limited participants, you will either be riding, practicing, watching Paul or your fellow participants.
- Personal Work Plan – Paul will create a plan for each participant to take home and continue to apply what they learned at the clinic. It will feature specific exercises each rider needs to take their showing to the next level.
- Personal Video – CHTO will video the clinic and give each rider a personal video for them to study and continue their development.
- Socialize With Paul – Relax over a cool drink and delicious meals and get to know one of cutting’s greatest trainers. Chat, ask questions and have a laugh with Paul and other participants throughout the two days. It’s an experience you’ll never forget it!
How I got started: My dad started our family in 4H. We showed in halter, english and western. Bill Collins and Walter Thiessen were big influences, as well as my dad and Bill Riddle.
Biggest mistake I’ve made in cutting: Not trusting my horse enough.
Biggest myth about cutting: Thinking that when I did well that it was me and not my horse.
Favorite quote: “Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.” – Military saying
Most memorable moment in cutting: Winning the 1996 NCHA Futurity.
Training philosophy: Train what you have, not what you want.