Preview: Colt Starting Pt 2: Desensitizing For Saddle Preparation!
Cory now shows you how to desensitize a colt to get her ready for her first saddling. He illustrates that:
- The key to sacking a horse is that they learn to move off you without pulling your halter.
- You want to let the horse move their feet to get comfortable but you must move with them.
- Why he doesn’t like to use hobbles.
- Don’t be afraid to make your horse try a little harder to accept pressure.
- Make sure you can do everything from the shoulder on both sides of the horse.
- Don’t focus on the sensitive spots but be very aware of them and gradually work through those spots.
- Patience is the most part of this process.
- If done correctly it will make the first saddling very successful.