Preview: Ryon Emerton: Training on Cattle
Ryon Emerton has incredible natural talent, timing and feel for horses! In these three videos Ryon explains, exceptionally well, what he is doing and why!
By watching and studying these videos you will learn:
* How to speed up a slow footed horse by using the cow (Part 1)
* Why and how you break a horse left and right whilst working a cow (Part 1)
* How and why you follow a cow from behind to get a horse to learn about rate (Part 2)
* How to get a horse to accept pressure from your feet (Part 2)
* How to keep a cowy horse disciplined (Part 3)
* How to get true collection and why (Part 3)
Ryon works a slow footed horse and demonstrates how and why he uses the cow to help the horse speed up.
He does this by breaking his horse left and right, but is very aware that you don't want to do it too much and not to get the horse too far off the cow when you do.
Ryon wants this horse to accept pressure from his feet a little better. To do this, he demonstrates how he follows a cow from behind and pushes it around the arena and gets his horse to yield to his feet left and right.
Ryon works a very talented young horse thats cowy and he has to work on keeping her disciplined about when and how to turn with the cow.