Preview: How To Work Your 3yr Olds Seventy Days Before The NCHA Futurity!
Jonathan Roger’s and Steve Oehlhof show you how to build your Futurity horse’s confidence seventy days before their first show and how to figure out a possible way to win, demonstrating:
- The key right now is that your horse starts strong on your first cow as you put your hand down.
- How to teach your horse to fight a cow off and then allow the cow to come at you.
- How to find out what your horse CAN and CAN’T do.
- Make sure you can ride away and ride up to a cow leaving your hand down.
- How to make your timing better on a cow.
- How to build your own mental confidence in your horse.
- How to work inside a cow and why.
- Why it’s so important to pre-work with your turnback team.
- Why you don’t always want to quit your work when the cow turns away.
- How to work good angles and allow your horse to figure some things out himself.
- How to let your horse settle in.