From: Weatherford, TX
- Tunica Futurity Champion
- West Texas Futurity Classic Champion
- Texas Futurity Co-Champion, Classic Champion, Derby Champion
- Music City Futurity Champion
- 2013 NCHA Open Derby Champion: Buzzted
- 2012 NCHA Super Stakes Classic Champion: Cat Man Blue
- 2012 Tunica Futurity Open Derby Champion
- 2002 Augusta Classic Champion
- 1996 Australian NCHA Derby Champion: Miss Gold Spin
- 1995 Australian CCCC Classic Champion: Bar Doc Hickory
Top Three Horses Trained
- Cat Man Blue
- Catty Hawk
How I got started: I grew up riding and showing horses in Australia. I trained and showed horses for a lot of different events: western pleasure, reining, working cow horses and cutting. Cutting horses are what interested me the most and I was drawn in that direction.
Biggest mistake I’ve made in cutting: Looking for an excuse, instead of getting better.
Biggest myth about cutting: That so & so got lucky or that this person or that person did well because they only have good horses. Really good horses have to get trained also. They don’t train themselves.
Favorite quote: “If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!” – Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own
Most memorable moment in cutting: Making the Open Futurity Finals for the first time and winning a triple crown event in Fort Worth. Another favorite would be watching my wife become Co-Reserve Non Pro Futurity Champion on a horse that she trained herself. Also watching our daughter Madison show in the youth.
Training Philosophy: Work hard, be consistent and always keep trying to improve.