CHTO is delighted to work with Cole Agency for outstanding Horse, Cattle and Dog insurance coverage – a must for serious Cutting Horse enthusiasts. Please Call Cole Agency at (622) 578-8300 or Visit: coleagencylivestock.com to learn more, and tell them CHTO sent you. Here’s a round up of information about available types of insurance.
At Cole Agency we offer full mortality insurance for horses, which includes death and theft coverage on a broad perils basis including losses due to accident, injury, sickness disease, and emergency colic surgery expense ($3,000 included in your basic mortality policy). We write insurance through The Hartford, Praetorian, and Great American.
We insure all different disciplines including
- cutting horses
- team penning horses
- roping horses
- barrel racing horses
- pole bending horses
- western pleasure horses
- ranch horses
- show horses
- halter horses
- racing horses
- breeding horses
- dressage horses
- hunter/jumper horses
- walking horses
- English pleasure horses
- all around horses
General Exclusions for Horse Insurance
There are general exclusions to the policy, such as:
- Intentional destruction of animal,
- depreciation in value due to an animal becoming unfit or incapable of fulfilling its functions or duties,
- pre-existing conditions,
- loss of any animal not under daily care & supervision and
- governmental destruction
- Vet exams are required if the horse is 15 years of age or older, or if the horse is valued at $50,000 or more.
- An application and statement of health are to be completed by the insured for coverage.
- For animals that require a vet exam, no statement of health is required to accompany the application.
We also offer additional major medical, loss of use, and infertility coverage as well.
We also provide Full Mortality and Mortality-limited coverage on cattle. This coverage is available on:
- show steers
- breeding & embryo transfer heifers/cows
- breeding bulls
- bucking bulls
- Cattle must be at least 3 months of age and no older than 8 years to consider full mortality coverage.
- A vet exam is required for full mortality coverage unless the animal was purchased at a breed association sale or a certified sale. A copy of the advertising page of the sale
- catalog will be accepted in lieu of a vet statement. This must be received within 30 days of the sale.
- The animal must be observed and cared for daily.
Dog and Pet Insurance
We also provide full mortality and mortality-limited coverage on dogs. This coverage is available on
- show & performance dogs
- breeding dogs
- police dogs
- narcotic detection dogs
- bomb detection dogs
- accelerant detection dogs
- Ag detectors
- Search and Rescue dogs
- The dogs must be at least 6 months of age through 10 years to consider full mortality coverage.
- A Vet statement is required for full mortality coverage.