Preview: The Art Of Herd Settling Steers!
World’s Greatest Horseman Champion Phillip Ralls breaks down the art of settling steers at the NRCHA Open Futurity Final in Ft Worth and watch the first two competitors show their horse’s in that set, Corey Cushing and Justin Wright. Phil explains:
- The first step to settling.
- The key to settling steers is that they learn to drive away and move off you.
- The difference between settling steers to heifers.
- Why he doesn’t try and re-direct them as soon as they come into arena.
- Don’t get in a hurry to settle.
- Why he keeps breaking up the biggest group.
- How to identify a good and bad cow.
- When you know they are ready.
- What the goal of a herd settler should be.
- When to begin trotting through the herd.
- Biggest mistake people make when they trot through them.
- Must watch video for all competitors,