Preview: Starting Two Year Olds On Cattle, “Do It With Them NOT For Them”!
Outstanding video with JD Garret working a green two year old in May that has been on cattle five times explaining:
- Set the horse’s hips up to stop before you pull them into the ground.
- The quicker the stop the slower the turn can be.
- You do it with them NOT for the them.
- The biggest thing John Mitchell showed him about tracking cattle.
- Make sure your horse is aware mentally of any change in direction of the cow.
- How Shannon Hall helped him about when to stop a horse.
- Why the turn is not a big concern right now.
- It’s all about building your horse’s intentions and their attachment to the cow.
- Plus more….