Preview: Rob Hodgman: Building Confidence in Your Horse
In this three part series Rob demonstrates how he builds confidence in his horses. Rob wants his horses to be waiting on the cow, not you.
In this video you will learn:
* Why confidence is your biggest winner, Part 1
* How to ride a straight line, Part 1
* How to get a horse to wait on the cow Part 1
* What to do if your horse feels intimidated by the cow Part 2
* How to stop your horse from getting too far outside the cow Part 2
* How to think when your working a cow Part 3
* Why there is a fine line between wait and late Part 3
Rob states if you can ride your horse off a cow and up to a cow, that gives him the best chance to ride a straight line without constantly MAKING him stay straight. This video also demonstrates how to keep yours mind on the cow and not you.
This horse gets too far outside the cow because she feels intimidated by cattle. Rob doesn't protect her and get defensive with her, he 'cowboys up' and gets her to understand that she is in control of the situation and the cow. This helps build her confidence.
Rob talks about how to think when your working cattle at home. This is important because how YOU think is how your horse will think, and work.