Preview: How To Make A 2yr Old Think That The Cow Is Pulling Them Through The Turn, Not Your Hands!
Very successful trainers owe a lot of their success to their 2yr old program. Eric Ferreira has worked for Monty Buntin for 9 years and they have developed a winning partnership that gets results. In this video Eric works one of 2yr olds explaining with Monty how they:
- Work slow steers.
- Why speed is not necessary at this stage.
- The key with 2yr olds is to have no resistance through the turn.
- How to use your hands so the horse thinks the cow is pulling them through the turn.
- Your hands must not distract a horse’s thoughts.
- How to keep a horses desire to work slow steers without getting bored.
- How Monty teaches his Amateurs to work slow steers.