Preview: How To Be Smooth And Build Your Horse’s Intentions Towards The Cow!
JD Garrett shows you how to have the discipline to let the cow pull your horse through the turn, making sure you don’t get in a hurry at this stage as it can destroy your horse’s confidence because they are too green to handle speed this early in their two-year old year. JD also explains why he:
- Works one cow at a time.
- Why you have to allow time for the turn.
- When to speed up if you are a little late and need to go catch it.
- Don’t be thinking turn to early.
- How he use’s his hands and why he keeps them high.
- How he rides with his feet.
- Don’t be concerned if turn is a little forward because if your horses intentions were to go with the cow, that’s the key right now.
- Why he is not trying to hold the cow.
- Make sure you get a stop when there is an angle change from the cow.
- Plus loads more.