Preview: Gabe Reynolds : Cattle Handling 101
If you want to improve your cuts you need to watch these four videos! Gabe breaks down the art of cutting cattle, Cattle Handling 101! He uses a white-board to walk you through topics such as:
* Identify what the bubble is on every cow.
* Where do you push on a cow to drive it forward.
* Why you don’t want to be in the cows blind spot when making your cut.
Various ways to approach the herd depending where your cows are positioned.
* How to push your cow to the outside of the herd.
* Get ‘ additional credit by driving up from the herd ‘ !
* How to make it easier to control your cow, by creating less area to defend.
* Plus loads more …..
Find out what the flight zone is on a cow and why you need to identify where it is. If you step inside the bubble too much the cow will leave and the rate you enter , the rate the cow will leave.
A judge will give you ' additional credit by showing your ability to drive a cow ' ! Find out how to drive up and how to control a cow by having less area to defend.
'Your approach towards the herd is determined by the location of the cow you want to cut' says Gabe and he gives great examples by drawing on the white-board walking you through various scenarios to help improve your credit earning cuts.
This video follows on from 'Ways to Enter The Herd Pt1'. Gabe talks about how to slow down the flow of cattle to help get your cow to the outside and how to help your horse understand what cow you want to cut.