Preview: Colt Starting Pt 1: Groundwork & How To Get Control Of A Horse’s Mind!
There are many philosophies to Colt Starting and ground-work! Cory Deel demonstrates his unique approach by getting inside a horse’s mind without the use of a halter and lead rope, explaining:
- Why this is the first thing he does with any young horse.
- Why he wants them connected to him.
- How it relates to making the first ride easier.
- Why he is not concerned about hip or foot control right now.
- Where the horse’s head goes the body will follow.
- How it develops natural softness.
- Why he wants all forward movement right now.
- Shows you how he doesn’t want to pull on the lead rope once it’s on but rather he wants the horse to come off the pressure herself.
- Plus more