Preview: Colt Starting: First Ride in The Round Pen.
Travis and Connor work together to make sure the first ride is a good experience for the horse, explaining:
- What type of hobbles he likes to use.
- Why you need to be aware of how the horse transitions from the walk up to the lope with saddle on.
- How to direct your horse’s feet.
- Why he taps the horse’s belly with his foot when asking for lateral flexion.
- Why he is more focused on forward motion instead of how to stop at this stage,
- Make sure you take three wraps with your latigo when saddling.
- Plus more….